Shetland Sheep for sale in southern vermont (not shipped)




Here at Mountainspun Farm

we have enjoyed being owned by a wonderful flock of Shetland Sheep for about a decade now. These sheep is amazing! They are like little people in sheep suits! They are friendly,to the point of annoying sometimes! I go out to the pasture or barn where they are and I get pawed by so many who are struggling in the crowd around me to get petted. Much the way a dog will paw you for attention. They are all aware of their names and come when i call them. I have spoken to those with other breeds ( even some with same kind) and they speak of needing to halter train...not ours, I just call come follow me all over ! What a wonderfully self sufficient breed too, the mothers are do- it- them-selfers!
No assistance needing in lambing.
They are hearty too,
stay healthy and happy in the temps of VT winters.
My Rams are my babies too...
-Very sweet -
You know how folks
say never turn your back on a ram?
In over a decade, we have not had a shetland ram "ram" us.

My ewes and rams come running to me in the pasture -
they want me to get down low
and hug and pet them.
They love it! So do I!






click on the vt plate to email us,
be sure to incl. your full name,
location, and contact info.
thanks!

We have Shetland Sheep
and
Lambs for sale
To approved homes.
All sheep are in person purchase only.
we never ship animals.
Make sure you include your name,
location and your sheep
background information.
We welcome first time shephards!
Starter flocks, ewes and rams available.
WE gladly mentor begining shephards who buy from us.
we guarentee our sheep are the friendliest sheep
you have ever met!!!
Please note
---------
We operate as a
'CLOSED FARM'.
Absolutely
NO VISITORS.
This is our family home,
not a pet store OR petting zoo.
Some of the many reasons
for operating like this are:
(1). Disease Control
(2). Disturbance Factor
(3). Time Constraints
(4). Privacy
(5). Security (theft prevention).
(6) High cost of insurance coverage
the list could go on and on...
All animals are sold by appointment only.
contact us fmi. thanks .